Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
The City of Montpelier, Vermont has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The City of Montpelier has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the City has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the City of Montpelier (City) to ensure that DBEs, as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The department head of the Public Works Department and the department head of the Planning and Community Development Department have been designated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, they are responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program.
Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the City in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
For further information contact: