FEAST Resources & Partners
FEAST Senior Meals Program works hard to bring you more than just delicious, nutritious food. We work to bring you social enrichment, community engagement, and robust resources to ensure that you are thriving as you age in place. We have, therefore compiled the following resources to support your FEAST experience, whether that's a connection to more food resources, or arts and entertainment you can enjoy while you enjoy your FEAST meal. Let us know if you have questions: email@example.com, (802) 262-6288.
Please also visit MSAC's Helpful Resources page for even more senior resources, and of course visit our Community Announcements page to learn about upcoming events.
- Just Basics, Inc and the Montpelier Food Pantry: Now featuring an online ordering service: https://justbasicsvt.org/food-pantry/
- Online Cooking Classes: Click here to see a list of virtual cooking classes.
- HANDS VT: The mission of HANDS is to provide food for seniors, 50 years and older, in Chittenden County, Vermont. We do this with the very generous help of hundreds of organizations, businesses, and volunteers, thank you! Everyone is encouraged to check out these two wonderful programs sponsored by HANDS:
- HANDS in the Dirt: gardening programs in partnership with Red Wagon Plants, Vermont Community Garden Network, and gardening expert Charlie Nardozzi at senior housing, long-term care nursing centers, and community garden sites
- HANDS in the Kitchen: workshops with Chef Robin Bennett and Kerry Batres that cover topics such as cooking for one, shopping on a budget, eating healthy foods, & so much more
- Call for more information: 802-864-7528
- Community Harvest of Central Vermont: We are a group of Central Vermonters who are committed to bringing our community together through gleaning to recover surplus food produced on area farms to feed those with limited access to healthy, fresh local food, and in the process help the community to gain a greater awareness and appreciation of the local food system, healthy eating, and waste reduction.
- CHCV is always looking for volunteers! Nearly 4,500 pounds of the FEAST Senior Meals program's nutritious food is provided by CHCV!
- Call to get plugged in: 802-229-4281
- Vermont Foodbank: The Vermont Foodbank is the state’s largest hunger-relief organization, providing nutritious food through a network of more than 300 community partners – food shelves, meal sites, senior centers, after-school programs, schools and hospitals. The Vermont Foodbank, a member of Feeding America, provides about 12 million pounds of food annually to people throughout Vermont. Call for more information: 1-800-585-2265
- Hunger Free Vermont:Working to end the injustice of hunger and malnutrition for all Vermonters.
- We believe high-impact nutrition and cooking education should be integrated into the lives of all Vermonters. Click here to learn more.
Arts & Entertainment:
- Kellogg Hubbard Library: The Kellogg-Hubbard Library fosters life-long learning and enriches the lives of our community members with free and equal access to information.
- Online Poetry Events: https://www.kellogghubbard.org/poemcity
- Adult Programs: https://www.kellogghubbard.org/adult-programs
- Book Groups & Other Outreach Opportunities: https://www.kellogghubbard.org/outreach-and-home-delivery
- Take a Virtual Tour of a Museum:
- Van Gogh Virtual Museum Visit: https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/visit/enjoy-the-museum-from-home
- Smithsonian Open Access Digital Resource: https://www.si.edu/openaccess
- The Louvre Online Access: https://www.louvre.fr/en/online-tours#tabs
- Travel the World:
- View Cities around the world: https://www.360cities.net/
- with Google Arts & Culture: https://artsandculture.google.com/
- Take a Virtual Tour to a National Park: https://www.nationalparks.org/connect/blog/take-virtual-visit-national-par
- Virtual tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium: https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams\
- Visit the San Diego Zoo: https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
- Visit the Smithsonian National Zoo: https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams
- Visit NASA's Langley Research Center: https://oh.larc.nasa.gov/oh/
- Look up at the Night Sky: https://stellarium-web.org/
- Visit Orlando, Florida: https://www.visitorlando.com/blog/post/orlando-virtual-experiences/
- Visit Dubai: https://www.bayut.com/mybayut/things-you-will-only-see-dubai/
- FEAST Videos: Check out some of the engaging videos we've created for you on our YouTube channel! Click here to view.
- Attend Musical Concerts Online:
- Seattle Symphony: https://seattlesymphony.org/live
- London Symphony Orchestra "Lockdown Listening": https://lso.co.uk/whats-on/alwaysplaying/digitalactivities/lockdown-listening.html
- Metropolitan Opera https://www.metopera.org/user-information/nightly-met-opera-streams/
- Watch Broadway Shows free trial: https://www.broadwayhd.com/
- Central Vermont Council on Aging: CVCOA works hard to support elder persons in leading healthy, meaningful and dignified lives in their homes and communities. We provide a wide range of services to seniors and family caregivers to help make this possible. Services include:
- Options Counseling: Counselors listen closely to you and your family to learn your goals for long-term support and explore the options that make this possible.
- Case Management: We work closely with seniors and family caregivers over the long term to develop and implement care plans.
- Health Insurance & Medicare Counseling: Specialists provide guidance on Medicare and other health insurance options.
- Transportation: Local transit providers provide rides to appointments, shopping and other destinations.
- Food & Nutrition Services: Senior centers and other meal sites provide nutritious home-delivered and community meals.
- Housing: Vermont offers a range of housing options for seniors depending upon your individual needs
- Call for more information:1-800-642-5119