Montpelier Senior Activity Center
Donate to MSAC!
After the July 2023 flood, MSAC needs your support for getting new classes and programs back to our Senior Center. Donate today and help us support your healthy aging.
MSAC Celebrates Falls Prevention Awareness Week
To learn more about the National Council on Aging's resources for Falls Prevention, please visit their website: https://www.ncoa.org/article/debunking-the-myths-of-older-adult-falls
MSAC offers fitness classes to keep older adults strong and resilient as they age. You can sign up for one of many yoga or fitness classes we offer here now! Our fall 2023 semester is beginning soon, and the deadline to register is Friday, September 22nd at 4pm.
See all class forms here: www.montpelier-vt.org/751/classes
Sign up now online: https://web1.myvscloud.com/wbwsc/vtmontpelierwt.wsc/
Explore your Creativity and Stay Fit this Fall with MSAC!
Montpelier Senior Activity Center Fall 2023 course registration is open until Friday, September 22nd. Take a look at what's available! We’ve got several art classes available including Drawing Nature, Painting at all Levels, and Needle Felting.
We’ve also got physically and mentally stimulating courses, such as Creative Writing, Creating & Remaking Poems, Yoga for Osteoporosis & Osteopenia, and Yoga for Focus & Fitness. You can register in-person at our office on Barre Street or online.
MSAC Town Hall
Thank you to all who attended!
MSAC is in a time of transition, and we invited all members and the public to a town hall-style meeting at MSAC on Thursday, August 17, 2023. This conversation is the first of many about what you need and want from our beloved Senior Center.
Meeting recordings will be posted soon.
Read the Programmatic Performance Review Assessment from the MSAC Town Hall!
Fall Class Registration Ends September 22nd!
- Register for classes online here. Or you can download the registration form here.
- View all classes on our class descriptions form here.
Become A Member and Donate
- Become a member! Sign up by downloading the form and bringing it into our office at 58 Barre Street.
- Donate below, or learn more on our donation page: https://www.montpelier-vt.org/746/Donate
MSAC & City of Montpelier Publications
- Our September Newsletter is now available. Read it online or download here.
- Our Summer Program Guide is now available. Read it online or download here.
- The City of Montpelier now has a YouTube channel! Subscribe today: www.youtube.com/@cityofmontpelierVT802
- MSAC eNews: Subscribe using the form in the sidebar or on our publications page
- Upcoming Holidays: MSAC will be closed for the following holidays: Indigenous Peoples Day - Monday, October 9th.
- Upcoming Events: Come back for more events soon! See our calendar in the sidebar for the latest events.
- Read our Central Vermont Tech Resources sheet.
- IMPORTANT: Foot clinics at MSAC are back!
- Please join me, Sue Mugford, LPN, for the Montpelier Senior Center foot care clinics. I have been providing much needed foot care in our community for several years. Regular foot care and prevention is very important to our wellbeing. Every six weeks appointments are recommended to keep our feet in good condition. The foot care service includes a visual inspection of the feet, with prevention education on common foot conditions. Foot soaks, nails clipped, and foot cream is applied.
- Please bring your own basin, towel, clippers and foot cream. I look forward to serving and providing our community with this much needed care.
- To schedule, please contact the MSAC office: 223-2518.
Watch our FY24 Budget Video
The Montpelier Senior Activity Center (MSAC) is a gathering place for healthy aging, lifelong learning and delicious meals.
Masking is recommended for all inside our facility.
Stay Informed about Montpelier Senior Activity Center:
To join our e-list and receive our weekly e-letter, email: email@example.com. Regularly updated announcements and events online and in-person are available at: https://www.montpelier-vt.org/1128/Special-Events . Click on links at left. Call our office with other questions at 223-2518!
Clinics & Resources
We partner with numerous community organizations to provide you with valuable information and services. Learn more.
Groups and Special Events
In addition to our classes, we also offer lots of lectures, presentations, activities, meals, and groups that are open to all older adults, many at no cost. Learn more.
The FEAST nutrition program for older adults provides healthy and delicious meals to the community. Learn more.
Kellogg - Hubbard Library
The Kellogg-Hubbard Library offers Home Delivery service to patrons who are housebound and unable to visit the library for a period of two months or longer. You can call (802) 223-3338 or download the Home Delivery Registration Form at https://www.kellogghubbard.org/outreach-and-home-delivery. Don’t forget: all residents of the towns of Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Middlesex, Montpelier, and Worcester are eligible for a free library card at KHL!
The Kellogg-Hubbard Library in Montpelier offers Language Lunches every week in the Hayes Room. These drop-in meetings are open to all.
Italian Language Lunch on Tuesdays 12-1 pm
Spanish Language Lunch on Wednesdays 12-1 pm
French Language Lunch on Thursdays 12-1 pm
For more information about programs at KHL, visit www.kellogghubbard.org/adult-programs.
Graffiti Removal Infrastructure Team (GRIT) 2023 Season
See How GRIT Cleans Up The Community In The Slideshow Below!
Season Two of Graffiti Removal!
The GRIT team is back! GRIT stands for Graffiti Removal Infrastructure Team - a group of volunteers who are painting over or removing graffiti from many places in downtown Montpelier. GRIT was launched in May, 2022 and organized 17 outings through the summer and into the fall of last year. In 2023, the work continues, including (unfortunately) cleaning up areas which have been retagged by vandals.
Thanks to the Department of Public Works, Montpelier Alive, and Heney Realtors for supplying funds for GRIT to purchase paint, brushes, solvent, and other needed supplies. If you're interested in learning more or volunteering, please contact Nancy Schulz: SaddleShoes2@gmail.com