"I was bragging to my sister recently about everything going on at MSAC (she lives in Philly), and she was jealous. MSAC truly is a gem in our community, and we are so fortunate.”
– A long-time MSAC member
We are a lively place to gather for classes, to engage with others, to share a meal-and we are re-opening for some in-person programs this summer after a long pandemic closing that put most online! We offer a wide variety of events, activities and programs relating to health, arts, travel, crafts, recreation, and education.
Become a New Member!
Complete our Membership Form (PDF), or stop by our facility at 58 Barre Street.
Our membership year runs from July 1st - June 30th. We look forward to serving you again in our current membership year. A mailing is going out next year to all recent members, but if you misplace or don't receive yours, or it's been a while since you joined, click here to complete our Membership Form (PDF)
Did you know?
Membership benefits include:
- Premier access to high-demand classes
- Register before the public and enjoy lower class fees
- Have a seat at the table and steward the direction of MSAC with your voice and experience
- Get featured in the newsletter or e-letter
- Access to our entertainment library!
- Reserve DVDs from the Savoy archive collection, as well as books from the MSAC library.
- Subscription to Active Times, MSAC’s monthly newsletter, (paper and/or digital copy)
- Technology access to MSAC’s printer and copier, as well as tech training.
- NEW for 2023: E-Bike Rental from Montpelier E-Bike Lending Library (MELL)
Pro-rated Dues and Financial Aid
MSAC membership dues are an annual expense and are not pro-rated until the 4th quarter of the membership year (April 2024 – June 2024), at which time the dues are discounted 50% to join for only the 4th quarter.
Residents of Montpelier and MSAC’s five supporting towns are eligible to request financial aid to help cover annual membership dues. Members of all towns are eligible to request financial aid for class and trip fees. Financial aid applications may be requested in the office or printed online here: Financial Aid Application Form (PDF).
For the latest membership year, which started on July 1, 2023, dues are $25 per year for Montpelier residents, $40 for residents of supporting towns (Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Moretown, Worcester), or $60 for all others. More on fee policies for various towns' residents can be read here. Our membership year runs from July 1st - June 30th.
Financial aid is available for membership for residents of Montpelier and our six supporting towns (Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Middlesex, Moretown, and Worcester). Click here for our Financial Aid Application Form (PDF).
All the great things MSAC has to offer for members and non-members alike:
- Dozens of weekly classes and drop-in groups
- FEAST Senior Meals
- Health clinics, educational presentations, and special events
- MSAC’s weekly e-letter and monthly newsletter by email, including links to area resources and community partner services
- MSAC’s facility, community coffee and conversation, resource library, bookshelves and kitchenette/coffee/tea area
- Seasonal tech training classes
- Participation in a diverse, welcoming community of over 1500 fellow seniors