- Community Services Department
- Montpelier Recreation
- Capital Kids Day Camp
contCapital Kids Summer Day Camp 2023!
The Day-Camp runs 8 weeks | Children grades 1-6 (Ages 6-12) – must have completed kindergarten
Dates: Eight (1)-week sessions / June 26 - August 18
Location: Montpelier Recreation Area (Elm St.)
Times: 7:45am - 4:45pm
Pool Information: Daily trips to the pool are included in the registration fee.
For more than 15 years Capital Kids Summer camp has been the highlight of the season for children ages 6 – 12. The day camp is held at Montpelier Recreational Area and is all about location, location, location. With walking access to the playground, tennis courts, ball fields, trails, Hubbard Park, and the Swimming Pool. This camp is jam-packed with variety and exploration.
Camp runs eight weeks from June 26th - August 18th. Each week features a different theme filled with arts & crafts, games & sports, STEAM Projects, team building activities, and so much more. Summer Counselors are trained in CPR and First Aid.
Every Thursday campers will go on a field trip or participate in a specialty workshop. This year anticipated field trips include Whale Tales Waterpark, Echo Leahy Center, Get Air, Movie Theater, Lake Elmore and Groton, and more!
Children should bring snacks, lunch, and something to drink. Pre-registration is required. We will have a free lunch program again this summer (start date to be announced).
We are a licensed childcare program and can accept state subsidy for eligible children. Please make sure your state paperwork is filled out prior to the start of the program. If you have any questions about subsidy, please contact the Family Center of Washington County. Immunization records must be included; otherwise we cannot admit the child to camp by state regulations.
The camp staff consists of an experienced Day Camp Director and camp counselors who are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Week 1: June 26 - 30; Hawaiian Luau Summer Kick Start Party; Field Trip: Whales Tales Water Park
Week 2: July 5 - 7; Nature Explores; Field Trip; Lake Elmore (Closed Monday & Tuesday, July 3 & 4)
Week 3: July 10 - 14; Back to the 80's & 90's: Specialty: Magic Show
Week 4: July 17 - 21; Under the sea exploration; All about sharks and mermaids!; Walking Field Trip: Movie Theater
Week 5: July 24 - 28; Lego & Domino Masters; Field Trip: ECHO, Leahy Center
Week 6: July 31 - Aug. 4; Ninja Warrior; Field Trip: Get Air
Week 7: Aug. 7 - 11; Wacky Olympics Sports; Specialty: Mini Golf Course
Week 8: Aug 14 - 18; Best of the Summer Finale; Field Trip: Lake Groton
All are welcome! Fees for Montpelier Residents (& Non-residents)
- $140.00 per week/1st camper (NR; $190.00)
- $125.00 per week/2nd camper (NR; $175.00)
- $ 80.00 per week/1st camper 5 half days (NR; $115.00)
- $ 70.00 per week/2nd camper 5 half days (NR; $105.00)
If you are registering for two weeks or fewer, your balance must be paid in full at registration.
If you are registering for more than two weeks, the equivalent to two weeks of the fees per camper must be paid at registration. The remaining balance will be broken up into two payments. Half of the balance must be paid by April 28th and the full balance by June 1st.
You must cancel at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp to be refunded minus a $25 Administrative fee. Attached to the back of this registration packet you will find cancellation forms. (Please remove and keep for your convenience for cancellations)
You are responsible for payment if you do not attend program. If you are a no show for the program with no cancellation for that week you are still responsible for that week’s payment and your child will be removed from future weeks.
2023 SUMMER DAY CAMP SESSIONS
|A (5 full days) or B (5 half days mornings) or C (5 half days afternoons)|
|SESSION 1||June 26 - 30||#1301 A, B, C|
|SESSION 2||July 5 - 7 (Closed July 3 & 4)||#1302 A, B, C|
|SESSION 3||July 10 - July 14||#1303 A, B,C|
|SESSION 4||July 17 -- July 21||#1304 A, B, C|
|SESSION 5||July 24 - 28||#1305 A, B, C|
|SESSION 6||July 31 - August 4||#1306 A, B, C|
|SESSION 7||August 7 - 11||#1307 A, B,C|
|SESSION 8||August 14 - 18||#1308 A, B, C|
Summer Day Registration opens Tuesday, Feb. 21st.
- Registration Form link is below. PDF Fillable form will be available Wed. Feb. 22nd.
- All camp registration forms will need to be completed along with a copy of the child’s immunization records handed in before the child is registered for day camp.
- Registrations forms can be dropped of at the Rec Center on 55 Barre St. Office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm.
For after hours, there is a locked drop box on the side entrance of 58 Barre Street in the Montpelier Senior Activity Center available 24/7.
- No phone in registrations or emails will be accepted. All registration must have a registration form and payment to be registered for a class/program/camp/youth sports. Online registration is available for most activities. Activities that have multiple prices will not be available for online registration.
- To cancel a week of camp and be refunded minus a $25.00 administrative fee, please fill out a cancellation form and submit 2 weeks prior to the start date of the week you are cancelling.
- Capital Kids Day Camp accepts state subsidies. Appling for subsidy? To have your child registered for camp you will need to have a copy of subsidy certificate with camp registration and immunization records. For more information or applications, please contact: The Family Center of Washington County Child Support Services, 383 Sherwood Drive, Montpelier, VT 05602, (802) 262-3292.
- Call the Montpelier Recreation office at (802) 225-8691 with any questions, or email harias@montpelier-vt-org.