For a full list of summer offerings please see our Spring/Summer Program Guide published in March. The new Summer Guide will be published in early June and likely online by June 7.
Click here to view our COVID Summer Camp Guidelines
Update: Day camp has openings available starting June 14th for most of our summer weeks. More info is below.
Call the Recreation Department at 225-8699 to check openings and download a registration form.
Capital Kids Day Camp registration is open!
A State-licensed childcare program | 10 weeks: June 14 - August 20 | Children grades 1-6 (Ages 6-12) – must have completed kindergarten
The Day Camp provides youngsters with a well-balanced selection of activities. The Camp is staffed by a Director and qualified counselors. Children should bring snacks, lunch, and something to drink. Pre-registration is required. We will have a free lunch program again this summer (start date to be announced). We are a licensed childcare program and can accept state subsidy for eligible children. Please make sure your state paperwork is filled out prior to the start of the program. If you have any questions about subsidy, please call 225-8699 and ask for Norma. Immunization records must be included; otherwise we cannot admit the child to camp by state regulations.
All are welcome! Fees for Montpelier Residents (& Non-residents)
- $130.00 per week/1st camper ($175)
- $115.00 per week/2nd camper ($155)
- $ 75.00 per week/1st camper 5 half days ($108)
- $ 65.00 per week/2nd camper 5 half days ($98)
- Registration Form link is below.
- Registrations received without completion of checklist on the cover page will not be accepted.
- Call the Montpelier Recreation office at 225-8699 with any questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment or Subsidy Certificate and all required forms must be received before your child can begin their first day at camp.
- To cancel a week of camp and be refunded minus a $20.00 administrative fee, please fill out a cancellation form and submit 7 days prior to the start date of the week you are cancelling.
- Capital Kids Day Camp accepts state subsidies. For more information or applications, please contact: The Family Center of Washington County Child Support Services, 383 Sherwood Drive, Montpelier, VT 05602, (802) 262-3292.