There are four lighted tennis courts located at the Elm Street Recreation Field and four at the Montpelier High School.
- Montpelier Public Schools and Montpelier Recreation Department’s programs take precedence over all other play.
- In case of lightning, users must vacate courts for at least 30 minutes after the last thunder/lightning is heard/seen.
- Courts are to be used for tennis only. No bicycles, skates, skateboards, in-line skate, hockey, baseball or other activities permitted.
- Sitting or learning on nets causes damage to the nets and net straps and is strictly prohibited.
- No food or beverages, other than water or sport drinks, are permitted on the courts.
- Sneakers or tennis shoes only may be worn on the courts.
- Smoking is prohibited on the courts.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the tennis courts.
- Trash is to be place in the provided containers.
- Pets are not permitted on the courts.
- Excessive noise, racquet throwing, and profanity is strictly forbidden.
- When others are waiting to play, all play is restricted to one hour singles and doubles.
- No private instructions or classes are allowed without written permission from the Montpelier Recreation Department.
- All tennis court rules, regulations and courtesies shall be observed.
- Users under the age of fourteen must be accompanied by an adult after 6:00 p.m.
Vermont Tennis Academy Youth Tennis
Director: Scott Barker
The Vermont Tennis Academy is designed to help beginners to advanced players reach their maximum potential in a very short period of
time. The Academy offers low and high performance tennis training for all ages and abilities. Scott’s experience as a tennis professional includes teaching beginners, intermediates, and advanced players as well as high school, college, and professional level players. Scott has won over 60 combined singles and doubles tournaments and has worked with former world champions John McEnroe, Jimmy Conners, Bjorn Borg, and Stan Smith.
• All participants will be divided into groups by skill level.
• The Academy offers match play statistics, ball speed clinics, as well
as match strategy.
Vermont Tennis Academy Youth & Adult Spring/Summer Lessons
For dates, times and prices for tennis lessons please visit page 15 of our Spring and Summer Program Guide: