The Montpelier City Council is seeking the individuals interested in the following:
- 3, three-year seats, 3 two-year seats, 1 one-year seat and 2 two-year alternate seats on the City’s Development Review Board. The committee meets in City Hall on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month at 7 PM.
The DRB has the following duties:
- Adjudicates appeals of acts or decisions made by the Zoning Administrator
- Adjudicates appeals for variances from the provisions of the Zoning and Subdivision Regulations
- Considers applications for conditional uses
- Considers applications for site plan approval
- Considers applications for design review approval
- Considers applications for subdivision
- Considers applications for access to landlocked parcels of land
- Considers applications for development in the flood plain
- Interprets the meaning of provisions of the Zoning and Subdivision Regulations when questions arise
If you are interested in a seat on the commission, please click the link below to complete and submit the online application by noon on Wednesday by noon on July 16th, 2018. To request a hard copy of the application, contact the City Manager’s Office at 223-9502. The City Council will make this appointment at their Wednesday, July 25th City Council Meeting; applicants are encouraged to attend. All municipal meetings are accessible to people with disabilities and are held in accordance with the public meeting and public records laws.