City Council is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Housing Task Force. Duties of the Housing Task Force include:
- Inventory existing housing stock and document changes in supply and demand in the city, keeping in mind that office and retail space is limited as well.
- Gain a better understanding of the complex issues affecting the quantity and quality of the city's housing.
- Recommend activities to increase housing in the city;
- Recommend strategies that protect against the loss of housing in the city; and
- Increase the public's participation in city housing issues.
The Montpelier Housing Task Force meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month from September to June at 5:15 PM. If you are interested in a seat on the Housing Task Force, please click the link below to complete and submit the online application. To request a hard copy of the application, contact the City Manager’s Office at 223-9502.