The Montpelier City Council is seeking individuals interested in filling a vacancy on the Homelessness Task Force. The Task Force meets every Wednesday from 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM.
The Montpelier Homelessness Task Force is charged with providing the City Council with a report in three months that includes:
- Creative, collaboratively developed short-term ideas and/or solutions to improve conditions for people experiencing homelessness
- Policy recommendations and concrete ideas for longer-term structural and systems improvement that the City could implement, along with a preliminary budget and timeline for duration of work and implementation
Ideas and recommendations should be supported by data that includes:
- Information regarding the scope of homelessness in Montpelier and the needs of people experiencing homelessness in Montpelier
- The systems currently in place in our region to address homelessness
- The range of concerns, perceived barriers, and potential solutions identified by the community
- Existing strategies in other cities or states, recognizing that the location of our city requires solutions that are responsive to our changing seasons
If you are interested in a seat on the Homelessness Task Force, please click the link below to complete and submit the online application by October 23rd. To request a hard copy of the application, contact the City Manager’s Office at 223-9502. City Council will be making their appointment to the Task Force at their next meeting.