The Montpelier Police Review Committee (PRC) seeks feedback on their draft report to the City Council. The deadline to submit feedback is September 18, 2021. Submit public comments online here or via drop boxes at the City Clerk's Office or Kellogg Hubbard Library. Mail comments to Montpelier City Hall, 39 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05602.
Access the report online here or review paper copies at the City Clerk’s Office and at Kellogg Hubbard Library.
Background: On October 28, 2020, the Montpelier City Council appointed members to the PRC and charged them with:
- Reviewing the historic functions of Montpelier Police Department (MPD);
- Reviewing modern policing trends and practices, such as those embodied in the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing and other reference materials;
- Meeting with community stakeholders for feedback on the role and function of the MPD;
- Reviewing existing historic law enforcement data for trends, significant issues, and other observations or conclusions that are relevant to current and future planning and funding of the MPD;
- Reviewing and analyzing the functions of the MPD, its existing policies, and helping create the department’s current strategic plan; and
- Compiling the information into a report to be delivered to the City Council, including recommendations for the PRC’s future charge and function.
Montpelier Police Review Committee members include Alyssa Schuren (Chair), Justin Drechsler, Jen Duggan, Daniel Towle, Abbey Jermyn, Michael Sherman, and City Councilors Lauren Hierl and Jack McCullough.