The City of Montpelier and the City of Barre have the following resources available to the community in anticipation of the dangerously cold temperatures and wind chills are expected in our area.
Warming Shelters in Montpelier:
- Another Way, 125 Barre St., open 8:00am – 5:00pm, phone: (802) 229-0920
- Kellogg-Hubbard Library, 135 Main St., during normal business hours
- Christ Church, 64 State St.
- Montpelier Transit Center, 64 Taylor St., open from 6:00am – 6:00pm, additional hours: 6:30-9:00pm, weekends from 5:00-9:00pm
Warming Shelters in Barre:
- Good Samaritan, 105 N. Seminary Street., phone: (802)-479-2294, open weekdays from 6:30am – 9:00pm, weekends from 5:00am – 9:00pm.
- Aldrich Library, 6 Washington Street, open Thursday-Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm, Saturday 8:00am – 2:00pm
The Montpelier Police Department and the Montpelier Fire Department will be available to transport people needing assistance getting to warming/overnight shelters. Please call the Montpelier Police Department Dispatch at 802-223-3445 if you need transportation assistance.
- For additional assistance or information about resources for individuals experiencing homelessness or housing fragility, please call
- Vermont 211;
- Barre Homelessness Task Force Chair Ericka Reil (802) 839-9504; or
- Montpelier Homelessness Task Force member Dawn Little (802) 595-0175
- If you notice power lines down on the street or sidewalk or obstructing traffic, please report it 911 immediately.
- If you have lost power in your home or notice low-hanging power lines, please call Green Mountain Power at (888) 835-4672.
Please check the City’s website and social media sites for further updates.