Join the Homelessness Task Force
The City Council is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Homelessness Task Force (HTF). The Montpelier City Council created the HTF in August of 2019 as a response to growing concern for our neighbors experiencing homelessness.
The Montpelier HTF is charged with providing the City Council with a report in three months that includes:
- Creative, collaboratively developed short-term ideas and/or solutions to improve conditions for people experiencing homelessness
- Policy recommendations and concrete ideas for longer-term structural and systems improvement that the City could implement, along with a preliminary budget and timeline for the duration of work and implementation
Ideas and recommendations should be supported by data that includes:
- Information regarding the scope of homelessness in Montpelier and the needs of people experiencing homelessness in Montpelier
- The systems currently in place in our region to address homelessness
- The range of concerns, perceived barriers, and potential solutions identified by the community
- Existing strategies in other cities or states, recognizing that the location of our city requires solutions that are responsive to our changing seasons
Volunteers appointed to boards, committees, or commissions may receive a $50 per meeting stipend to assist with indirect expenses such as childcare assistance, food, or transportation.
If you are interested in a seat on the Homelessness Task Force, please click the link below to complete and submit the online application. To request a hard copy of the application, contact the City Manager’s Office at 223-9502.
Fill out the Committee Application Form here: https://www.montpelier-vt.org/CommitteeApplication